Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Zoom

Started by IceTre, September 26, 2010, 01:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceTre

Hi,  I have become comepletely consumed with getting a zoom G2.1NU pre amp and effects pedal.  I have a Randall G2 RH200SC head, 4X12 cab, Boss NS2, and 4 channel parametric EQ.  I have decided I will sell the Randall and get the Zoom and a power amp.  Does anyone have any experience with this pedal and is it any good?  I am torn because I do like the Randall and sometimes I think that all it needs is a delay pedal but then I really want to try this pedal.  I don't know why and it is driving me insane.  Anyone that has tried this pedal would be alot of help.  Thanks.

phatt

Just MO,,
But I'm yet to hear a good convincing ZOOM efx unit.
But then I don't use EFX units.

I find Analog stuff much more real world. 8|

I did have a Zoom 9020 with floor pedal = Crap Fruitloop lolipop machine and friggin noisy.  :trouble Long gone Thank God.

Also had (and still Have) A Quadraverb GT.

The Zoom was A toy and the Quad was at least a stunning piece of equipment that although a pian in the ass to use sounded real.
The Quad is now used in a small PA rig where it's fantastic reverbs are put to use on Vocals.
Phil.

J M Fahey

QuoteI don't know why and it is driving me insane.
Specially about something you haven't even tested !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1) Do NOT sell your Randall, at worst use it as a power amp and cabinet
2) Why do you want that Zoom so badly?