Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:13:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

How do I add a PT2399 reverb board into a SS amp?

Started by yeto, March 25, 2022, 12:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeto

Could someone share as to how I would add this PT2399 reverb board...

PT2399

...into this amp?

https://www.runoffgroove.com/uno.html

Thank you in advance for any help,
Yeto

joecool85

Honestly, it should be as simple as run the Uno circuit into the PT2399 board.  That said, most reverb units using PT2399 chips have three or more of them.  I've thought about building a basic reverb using a single PT2399 but haven't gotten there.  I'd be curious to hear how this one works out for you if you do it!
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Tassieviking

It is not a reverb board, it is an echo board.
I would place it after the Uno preamp circuit, you can also try it om the wiper of the treble pot as this is a common place for a volume pot. Just experiment.
I don't think it would work very well as a reverb, but I would be curious if you could mount 3 of them in parallel and set slightly different times, what it would sound like.
Like Joecool85 said, a Belton Brick is 3 PT2399 units running together set at different time intervals.
You should also look up The "Valve Wizard Equinox 2" project, just google it.

Please let know how it works

There are no stupid questions.
There are only stupid mistakes.

yeto

Thank you for taking time to reply. I understand this won't be a true reverb but I am hoping this will help to keep the audio from sounding so "dry". I am only looking for a "touch" of reverb-like effect.

Thank you for replying,
yeto

joecool85

Quote from: yeto on March 27, 2022, 09:29:16 AMThank you for taking time to reply. I understand this won't be a true reverb but I am hoping this will help to keep the audio from sounding so "dry". I am only looking for a "touch" of reverb-like effect.

Thank you for replying,
yeto

I think it may do what you are looking for. I found a few clips on YouTube of this board and it's actually pretty decent.  I put in an order for one myself so I can play with it too!
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com