Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:48:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Who wants a power amp kit for free? **Out of LM3886 kits**

Started by joecool85, May 23, 2006, 10:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecool85

In the mail. 

It was only $1.50 or so to mail it, but due to the cost of the packing envelopes as well as the time to sort out the kits, I will still charge $5 flat rate shipping.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

javacody

Heck, your travel time alone is probably worth $5.  Thanks Joe!

joecool85

Thanks for being part of the DIY amp community! 

btw, there are two things you should after you make the kit (this applies to anyone getting these freebie kits):

1.  Thank Brian - bb@darg.net

2.  Post your build report (with pics if possible) right here on SSGuitar.
thatraymond.com

DreamSeller

Ive joined the line for an LM3886.

-Dream
A Broken Clock Is Right Twice A Day
haggardfx.com - Electronics Resource Library

joecool85

Alright.  It looks like I'm only going to have two more LM3886 kits, so that means SecondandBowery and DreamSeller get LM3886 kits.  I should have at least 3-4 LM1875 kits though.  I know RDV wants at least one.  Anyone else?
thatraymond.com

RDV

Just let me know when to shoot you the funds. Are you still waiting on some parts?

RDV

SECONDandBOWERY

Quote from: RDV on May 28, 2006, 01:23:26 PM
Just let me know when to shoot you the funds. Are you still waiting on some parts?

Ditto.

Rock'n'Roll,
--Andy

joecool85

Yeah...still waiting on parts.  I have one LM3886 kit that all it needs are the AC connect terminals and another that just needs those as well as a 10uF 50v cap.  If someone wants one of the incomplete kits, I can ship them out.  Not sure how long it will take Brian to get me stuff since he is normally pretty busy.

I'm not sure what the LM1875 kits need exactly because I ran out of diodes for those.  I may have some lying around from a shipment Brian gave me a while ago though.  I also don't have any LM1875 ICs, he forgot to put them in the box lol.  If anyone is interested, I can try to throw together a couple LM1875 kits and see whats missing.
thatraymond.com

SECONDandBOWERY

Are the AC connect terminals something that could be bought for cheap at a radio shack?

Rock'n'Roll,
--Andy

joecool85

Not sure if radioshack would have them or not.  I would guess not.  As far as I know you could solder the transformer's secondary wires straight to it instead of using the connects.  I'd want someone to verify the safety of that first though.
thatraymond.com

SECONDandBOWERY

I'll just wait until you have them to ship, then.

Rock'n'Roll,
--Andy

joecool85

K.  I sent an email to Brian, so hopefully we can get the ball rolling and get the rest of these kits ready to ship out.
thatraymond.com

DreamSeller

Cool, just tell me when and where to send the funds

Thanks

-Dream
A Broken Clock Is Right Twice A Day
haggardfx.com - Electronics Resource Library

SECONDandBOWERY

Quote from: DreamSeller on May 28, 2006, 11:18:58 PM
Cool, just tell me when and where to send the funds

Once again, ditto.

Actually wait, I know where, just tell me when!

Rock'n'Roll,
--Andy

joecool85

Not a problem.  If Brian doesn't email me back today I'll try to catch him on aim and see when he can get me the rest of the stuff.
thatraymond.com