Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:47:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

line 6 30W V's 75W

Started by lliw, September 17, 2006, 02:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lliw

Hey, I have played a mates line 6, spider 2, 75W amp...it sounded awsome

There is a 30W one on ebay I want

Will the 30W sound quality be the same as the 75W sound quality at bedroom pratcice volume?

Thanks

Christian G

These amps sound really terrible...
Horribly digital tone. 

turbolx5oh

Quote from: rockgardenlove on October 29, 2006, 01:57:14 AM
These amps sound really terrible...
Horribly digital tone. 
I played a new Line 6 Spider 3 yesterday.  That thing sounded really good.  Over 400 presets and several artists favorite presets.  Nice sounding amp.

joecool85

This is where it's all about what sound you like.  A lot of people like tube amps, and ONLY tube amps.  Some people (not many) like only solid state amps, and then within SS amps are also digital.  Each has their own spot, and as long as you like it, then it works.

As far as the 75w amp sound like the 30w at bedroom levels, it won't (most likely) be identical, but it should be close.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

turbolx5oh

Yea, I'm a tube amp guy but I don't have one at the moment.  I kick myself every day for selling my Marshall 50 watt several years ago.

The Spider III was really impressive for a solid state amp.  As technology advances, I believe you won't be able to tell the difference between a tube amp and a solid state one but right now there is a noticable difference.  For instance, I played on the new Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace and that is THE best sounding amp I have ever played on.  The one I played on was a 50 2x12 combo and it made the hair on my arms stand on end.  But of course it has a wicked price of $1869.  It should make the hair on your arms stand on end!  I also played on a B-52 2x12 100watt combo which was a very nice sounding all tube amp.  Price was $749 but Harmony Central has a lot of user posts with reliability issues.

I'm in the market for a 50watt all tube combo but just haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

roast

I played one of the 30watts, and then a 75watt, and i didnt notice much difference in the way of tone. Of course, if you crank up the 30watt, itll break up, but overall, i quite liked the amps. If i were you, i would save up a little more for a spider 3 though.