Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 04:21:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Anyone ever Modified their Roland JC 120? Effects Loop by-passe Chros/Vibrato

Started by Mace Hathaway, January 01, 2010, 04:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace Hathaway

I have an older Jc 120 that has one single output and two inputs on the back labeled main in. When I insert my effects rack here it has a great overall sound but the onboard effects, chorus, reverb, and distortion are bypassed. Is this Normal? Can it be modified so that the chorus effect is still use-able with my effects rack.
Putting the effects rack out front and running in through the guitar inputs sounds ok but much more noise. I realized with it out front though, I can use both my Boss Distortion and the onboard Distortion together. Just using the boss for normal tone, and then stomping the onboard JC distortion for leads. Gives it that little boost.
I also like blending the two reverb units together.

So I guess over all my main question is how to do away with the bypass when I'm using the effects loop.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any info any one could give me. Mace

phatt

Quote from Mace;
"So I guess over all my main question is how to do away with the bypass when I'm using the effects loop?"

I may be missing something but the question is not making sense to me.

WHY Would you need to do such a thing??? :duh
You then have 2 seperate inputs,,, So Where does the guitar plug in???

I'll guess and give an answer that may help :)

The effect loop is *After* all the preamp stuff,, ie, tone controls, dist etc.
You may need to create an efx loop at that point then loop out to RACK and back in to internal JC Reverb and Chorus.

Find the model that has the *SUB IN* then break the circuit there and make a simple in/out EFX loop and then all onboard efx will work.
Hope it helps. Phil.