Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

replace jack squier 15

Started by angelaharms, November 19, 2008, 12:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelaharms

Hi... I'm new here. The input jack on our old Squier 15 amp got loose, and my kid tried to tighten it and it ended up coming out entirely. So we thought we could put it back.

We left the amp sit for two days, unplugged, knowing it can zap you. But now I've taken out all the screws and cannot figure out how to get it open. Can anybody help?

angelaharms

As usual, when I ask questions in public, it turns out I was just full of it. :) We got the back off, exactly as you'd think... by removing the screws. We ended up having to pull on the cord, because we were stumped.

Now I just have to figure out what size nut I need for the jack...

Thanks anyway, folks. :)

Enzo

The nut is sized for the jack, you won;t be finding them at the hardware store.  Your local amp repair should be willing to gove you one, or if they are hardcore, they might charge a quarter or half dollar for it.

CHances are real good your jack is stripped, look at it closely.  If the threads are rounded over, then the nut cannot be tightened completely.