Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:31:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Laney GC 60A Troubleshooting

Started by playcobra99, September 21, 2008, 01:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playcobra99

I am looking for help on troubleshotting my Laney GC 60A solid state amp. If I plug my guitar to the front panel (with the amp buildin tone and volume controls etc..), the sound will cutoff sometime. If I turn the amp off and on again, it will get back to normal.

This never happens if I use the return loop with padels. The amp will not cut-off this case.

What is the potential causes of this and how can I fix it? Thanks.

yustech

Hello there,

I too have came across such problem,this is what i suspect,dirty contact at the "send" out plug.

a)easy remedy is take a short 1/4 inch pedal interconnect,plug it in between the "send" to the "return" plug.

b)or open up the amp and you might as well replace the female "send" and also "return" plug.(I recommend)

I hope this helps.bye

keep us posted.
http://yustech.blogspot.com/
That Tech & Tutor from greater KD

Enzo

CLose, it is the RETURN jack that is iffy.  The return is the one with the cutout contacts.  they get dirty and this happens.

playcobra99

Thanks yutech and Enzo,

I put a cable to the send and return loop and the problem goes away. And I finally get around to open the amp and cleans all the jacks tonight. The amp is working fine now.

I find if I leave the cable on the send and return loop (a 19 feet cable I have spare), it sounds a litter cleaner which I like, so I leave the cable there at the mean time. Is this possible?

Thanks a lot for the replies. I almost went out to get a Tech 21 TM60 out of frustraction, but the Laney is working fine now, and I like it because I can plug an acoustic or a electric to it. It is really geart for a 10 year old amp.

yustech

I know its a long time ago but anyway you're very welcome.
Also thanks to enzo.
http://yustech.blogspot.com/
That Tech & Tutor from greater KD