Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

little rebel layout

Started by obelix, August 28, 2007, 05:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obelix

I just want to confirm... the board layout in the little rebel site is ready for transfer right?

sorry for the newbie question  :-[

joecool85

Can you provide a link?  I don't even know what this little rebel is.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

obelix

here's a link

http://rebel.massberg.org/schematic.php

the site is in german... they have soundfiles and it sounds okay.

momo

Im just about to try this one....all I need which is not included on the pdf is the pot values.....can anyone suggest some values to try out?
I sent an email to this guy, but the site is from 2004, so I dont know if he will reply!
Cheers

joecool85

Quote from: obelix on August 28, 2007, 07:58:30 AM
here's a link

the site is in german... they have soundfiles and it sounds okay.

Yup there is a file there that looks perfect for transfer.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

teemuk

Quote from: momo on September 05, 2007, 09:08:18 AM
....all I need which is not included on the pdf is the pot values.....can anyone suggest some values to try out?

You didn't browse the site thoroughly enough. The site has both layout/PCB diagrams and a schematic. The latter shows the potentiometer values.

Here's a link:
http://rebel.massberg.org/source/schematic.pdf

momo

Ya yer right, I just checked the layout!, ill be finishing this as soon as I get the pots. Ive done the pcboard and started filling it up!
This amp will go in this,which I scored last week, ive learned that traynor used some Marsland speakers in some amps, so im exited to try it out with the little rebel.
Cheers

obelix

that's pretty cool... could it do a clean sound?

momo

Well I did do a Ruby build and that has a warm clean sound....I dont think this one will have as much as a clean sound, but I will use this amp for crunch rythim and heavy distortion. Ill report back once the build is finished.
The fact that it has low, mid, treble controls as it does gain and master volume...will surely give it some versatility.

obelix

yup that's also the reason that I plan on doing that amp... aside from the fact that the components are relatively easy to purchase here.

what size diameter is that speaker?

J M Fahey

Well, I´ve seen the schematic. It´s a Dist pedal , about 90% of a ShredMaster/Guv´nor, etc.,  without the contour, straight into 2 LM386.   Looks cool though. I think the samples were recorded using some kind of Celestion box, which sure helps anybody. Sorry but I think that the Canadian speaker, with its whizzer cone glued to the voice coil will sound buzzy. Good luck wuth the project.

momo

OK, im almost complete on this build ::).....now Im really frustrated!, if you look at the layout, which was layed out on the wrong side of the board......now the chip pin1 does not seem to match the layout...in other words, I would have to solder the chips on the trace side of the board.
So can anyone confirm this, here is the page with the layout.
I already wrote a long while ago to Massenberg with no reply.
please, please, I dont want to throw it in the bin now that im so close!
cheers

Jaxon

Hmmmmm  That looks like a good littleproject. Let us know how you get on.  :tu:

momo

Well right now knowinf that its a good project is not want I need!, the pdf seems to print the layout with the x and y axis reversed.....I don't know how I could of reversed it while printing a pdf.
Now ill have to desoder the chip socket holders and resoder on the backside...... >:( >:(

teemuk

There are four chips in little rebel so I must ask to which one of them are you referring to? I didn't spend much time looking at the layout but I must say that my first impression of it is that it looks fine and standard: The one depicted with components is the top projection and the one shown underneath it depicts the copper side as it should look. It's naturally a mirror image when compared to component side projection. Pinouts seemed to go as they should go but as I said before I just viewed it quickly and therefore can't be sure if it's totally accurate. Could you give a more specific pointer to what you see as an error? I'm not going to start to go through the whole PCB.