Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 11:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

NEWB needs help with an Electro Harmonix Freedom Brothers Amp.

Started by rikhi, November 19, 2011, 01:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikhi

Hi, I'm Rikhi, and a total newb, both to this site and stomp/ amp repair.
I managed to score an EHX Freedom Brothers (see pic below). I have a proper tech working on it while I watch, but it seems we need a schematic!!! These are superduper rare and I've emailed EHX and everyone else. I do hope I'm posting in the correct forum (my apologies if not). And I'd appreciate any help that might be thrown my way.

Yeh I'm a keen one for the solid state amp.
Love Pignose 30/60, love Coronets, love music.....

Great to be here.

rikhi

Sorry I need a smaller photo- i didn't heed attachment size... will get back with this....

J M Fahey

Waiting for your pictures.
Set your camera to take, say, 1024x768 or 1280x1024 sized pictures, (or numbers close to those), not larger, because we are not printing 24"x36" copies here, just watching on computer screens, and much larger gets lost ... and needlessly "heavy".
Try to get well illuminated and sharp focus pictures, so we can read parts numbers.
Not the tiny print but the color bands.

teemuk

rikhi

Sorry for the late reply! I was really lucky. EHX sent me a schematics (they're really pretty cool).... so it's all off at my tech's place, while we're waiting for old rare transistors....

What I plan to do is photograph it quite heavily and post the results once it's done.....

It's a pretty small circuit. It'd fit into something the size of a Big Muff Pedal enclosure and make a great retro version of the 22 Calibre....! Altho for that I'd prolly use somewhat more standard parts....

Gonna be exciting!

J M Fahey

QuoteEHX sent me a schematics (they're really pretty cool)....
Goooddd !! :tu:
Whenever possible please try to scan them and post them here to calm our curiosity.
Or, if they sent you a .pdf or .jpg or some other graphics file, just post it as you received it.
Thanks in advance.
PS: and donĀ“t forget your own pictures.