Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 06:09:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Micro Cube Help!!

Started by MickyM, May 19, 2009, 10:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickyM

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site looks like a great place for info, I'm really impressed. I'd greatly appreciate if someone could explain whats happening to my beloved amp!!

I was just practicing on my micro cube last night for the first time in months because i'm finally ready to take to the streets with my guitar. I have been practicing on a cube 60 untill now. Figured it would be the same deal roughly so didn't want to waste my batteries in the micro cube with practicing.

Anyway, I find when I'm playing on the micro when i have the vol and gain about half way and then add some chorus (or any on board effect) , if i play a chord and let it ring it sounds grand for about 2-3 secs and then it starts crackling and the sound kind of pulses in and out kind of in waves.

I think the sound improves if I plug it in but still not perfect!! This happens a lot less if i don't have an effect on

Is this something wrong with my amp?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Mike

Enzo

Well, first things first.  How are the batteries?

MickyM

Batteries should be fine but I'll try again with new ones and let yaknow if it helps, but as I said even when it's plugged in the problem is still there although somewhat diminished