Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Peavey Rage 158 - any mod to fit delay after dirty channel?

Started by lpbr, April 26, 2018, 11:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lpbr

Hi! I am new in forum so I am not sure if here is the correct place for this post.

Past year I had a financial issues and had to sell all of my gear — three guitars (LP, strat and 175) and a Vox Valvetronix Amp. Long story short I am back to the business and slowly trying to buy some stuff back. Currently I am using a Peavey Rage 158 "Transtube" small amp and regardless its size I found it better than I supposed it would. I really like it.

As I am still money tight I cannot move too much and so I am playing with what I have. Surprisingly I am not mad about using the dirty channel of the amp that is satisfactory for my needs. Now I am looking forward to acquire a delay pedal but am anticipating the problem of plug it into the chain BEFORE the distortion.

My question is if there is a known — and preferably easy — mod that I can make in order to fit my delay AFTER the dirty channel and BEFORE the amp section.

Thanks!

:tu:

Jazz P Bass

There is a way but not an easy one.

You would have to refit the CD input jack as a Send jack.
Plus a Return jack will have to be installed with a normally closed contact so the signal will pass without a pedal installed.

That and you will have to cut a copper trace between R21 & R22 (100K pad resistors for the Cd input).