Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Help me save an old worthless amp....please.

Started by natasri, June 01, 2008, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natasri

I have this 1968 TeiscoDelRay Checkmate 12, I really love the amp, 9 rageing watts of 1968 solidstate power. Sounds real rude, but in a good way. Anyway, I hellbent on useing it but it hums loud all the time. I'm definitly going to replace the speaker, I need no help in that department. What I need to know is how to install a 3 prong grounded cord and find the right output transformer and install it. I am clueless that's why I took so many pictures, including the new rubber feet from the hardware store. To many to post them all so I hope the link to the album is alright. Thanks.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v325/natasri/teiscodelray/

natasri

I guess I don't really know what kind of transformer it is that's part of the speaker but I've cut the wires that connect the speaker/transformer to the amp. Multimeter reads 000.8 at the speaker and 202.0 at the leads that go into the transformer. multimeter is set at resistance. Thanks, I'm not really having any luck getting help on the guitar forum I usually go to.

teemuk

Check my answer to your post at harmony central forum.