Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 02:39:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

How critical is input and output impedance on reverb?

Started by JHow, January 20, 2012, 05:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHow

Hello Gurus:

I have a rickenbacker tr-14. The reverb pan is an accutronics 1FC2C1B (9", 2-springs).  One of the springs has detached itself and on one end the small ferrite bead and little attaching wire have gone awol.  Basically, I don't think it's fixable.  Looking around at AES and so forth, I don't see many pans with "FC" specs (1475 ohms input imped, 10,000 ohms out). How critical is it that a replacement pan have exactly the same specs? This is all-transistor amp from 1980's, I think.  I don't have schematic.

Enzo

You are not going to find that part in the current production listings.  A type 8 pan ought to fit if the long pans won;t (types 4 and 9).

The second letter (or third character is you prefer) is universally B these days.  And ought to work.

SO an 8FBxxx pan would probably work, or even an 8EBxxx pan.

JHow

I ended up getting a Mod 8FB series. It fit the original bolt holes, but the box is a little larger and it hit the circuit board, so I had to move it slightly and drill new 1/8" holes.  Not a big deal and it works fine.