Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:33:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

replacing power cord on Fender Bronco Solid State Practice Amp

Started by thicks211, July 25, 2012, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thicks211

Hey everybody,

I recently dug out a Fender Bronco Solid State Practice amp that I loved very dearly when I first started playing guitar. The input jack is cracked and kind of messed up (not the main issue, i think i can find the part and replace it) and somebody took the power cord off of it. As someone with little to no real knowledge of the inner workings of amps/electronics, i was wondering if anybody here might be able to guide me to the point i would attach the new cord to.

thanks,
newcomer Thicks211

J M Fahey

Just for safety reasons, ask Fender for the schematic, then post in here.
It will show proper wiring, colors, etc. , plus probably include a layout image, which will be easier to work with.

polo16mi

Hi thicks211, welcome to the forum.

Will be very usefull for help you if you take a couple of pictures at the part of your amp that you have doubt, and upload it here.

Maybe you can find for free o very cheap at a service pc technician, a pc power cord and a pc power supply ac input connector for a dead power supply.

I thinking perhaps you can use a combo like this:

***EDITED***
http://www.syntaxis.com.ar/images/uploads/cable_alimentacion_interlock.jpg

http://images.tweaktown.com/content/3/9/3979_13_ocz_zx_850_series_850_watt_power_supply_review_full.jpg
Note the input conector at side of switch.

had used these parts in an amp. Very cheap and worked very well :tu:

Roly

@Polo16mi - your first link comes up as "403 Forbidden" to me, the second as a page loading problem...

"The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."
:-\

IEC mains connectors are very popular here in Aussie; I can quite literally pick up male and female surface mounts and matching leads from my local rubbish tip, but computer repairers (here) are a sure source of dead computer power supplies that always have at least the panel socket.  :tu:
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

polo16mi

Quote from: Roly on July 26, 2012, 07:28:35 AM
@Polo16mi - your first link comes up as "403 Forbidden" to me, the second as a page loading problem...

"The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."
:-\

Edited LINK. New one.

Roly

First one is now fine but the second is still throwing a Firefox "The page isn't redirecting properly" error.
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

polo16mi

they dont permit hot linking images. Just copy the link, and paste it in a new firefox window.

Enzo

J M Fahey

Thanks.
Funny that it looks so tweedish and inside is *exactly* the same as any other small SS Fender.
Oh well.