Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Question - Fender Solid State Super Reverb? Any owners out there?

Started by MurphyPeoples, February 23, 2017, 03:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MurphyPeoples

I have an opportunity to pick up a working Fender SS Super Reverb. I know it supposedly "sounds terrible", but I thought it would be
a kick to own a piece of funky fender history. Any thoughts or words of advice or warning? Let me know!  ;)

Enzo

Check it out, it works or it doesn't.  It has some specific issues or it doesn't.  NOisy controls or not?  Ripped speaker?

MurphyPeoples

Quote from: Enzo on February 23, 2017, 03:55:06 PM
Check it out, it works or it doesn't.  It has some specific issues or it doesn't.  NOisy controls or not?  Ripped speaker?

See the attached pic in original post.  It works, it's got scratchy pots. Seller says:

The speakers have some type of glue around them, but it doesn't appear to be
because of bad speaker surrounds...looks more like it was meant for sealant.
One speaker has been replaced, but with another Fender speaker.
Someone has reversed the back panel and added a jack ... don't know if this was
for headphones or another speaker. This can easily be put back to the original state.

The worrisome part is the sealant around the speakers? Have you heard of this Enzo?
It's $200.00. I thought it would be fun to own a piece of history (but not a piece of Sh$t) ; )
Murphy

MurphyPeoples

Another Pic. (Won't let me post more than one at a time even though they are small).

galaxiex

If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.

flester

I would. I don't know the actual product but I've often bought stuff that 'sounds terrible' and been delighted with it. Even as a cab it would be cool. Stuff like sealant/glue around speakers should be easy to fix. Maybe some say  'sounds terrible' because its solid state.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R13 (CB5-312T) using Tapatalk