Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Carlsbro GLX100 footswitch query

Started by psafloyd, December 29, 2018, 03:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psafloyd

I picked up a well loved Carlsbro GLX100 that needed a bit of TLC – replacing both inputs and a lot of switch cleaner – but which otherwise works well.

It came with an aftermarket footswitch for the and I believe the second channel, but not the other (optional) one. This is wired via a 4 pin DIN plug and covers crunch and reverb (see image below).

I'm happy to try wiring a replacement with some CAT5 cable, but I've had no luck in finding a schematic. Even if I work out how to wire such a footswitch (I can crib another, I'm sure), I'm not sure how to go about determining what each pin does.

I am sure they must be as listed on the pic of the back of the amp below, but in addition to reverb and channel switch, could the others be power for LEDs and possibly a ground?

The other pic shows a footswitch from the same range which has a mix switch (like my Sessionette 75s), but I don't know how to work out what pin does what.

Any assistance gratefully accepted as ever.

DrGonz78

Here is what I have for schematics. Not sure this is the amp that you have but it is something related at least.
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

g1

Quote from: psafloyd on December 29, 2018, 03:35:46 AM
It came with an aftermarket footswitch for the and I believe the second channel, but not the other (optional) one. This is wired via a 4 pin DIN plug and covers crunch and reverb (see image below).
You have one footswitch with a 4pin DIN?
Does it control 3 functions?  Look at the labeling on the back.  Each jack controls 3 functions. 4th pin on each will be common/ground.  Neither jack says 'reverb'.
If you have 1 footswitch with DIN, plug it into the other jack and see what it does.
I would think they would both be wired up the same.

Jazz P Bass

Pull any function pin to ground & it will 'operate'.

psafloyd

Quote from: g1 on December 29, 2018, 09:16:32 PM
Quote from: psafloyd on December 29, 2018, 03:35:46 AM
You have one footswitch with a 4pin DIN?
Does it control 3 functions?  Look at the labeling on the back.  Each jack controls 3 functions. 4th pin on each will be common/ground.  Neither jack says 'reverb'.
If you have 1 footswitch with DIN, plug it into the other jack and see what it does.
I would think they would both be wired up the same.

No, I don't have a footswitch for the DIN socket, but was looking to make one up but wanted to know how to determine what is what from the socket.

The socket would appear to control channel/reverb/mix much like the pic above but with a 4 pin DIN rather than 1/4" jack.

I know there is no hard and fast rule to wiring DINs, so how do I determine which of the pins is which/is ground?

THanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

psafloyd

Quote from: DrGonz78 on December 29, 2018, 03:14:56 PM
Here is what I have for schematics. Not sure this is the amp that you have but it is something related at least.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

psafloyd

Quote from: Jazz P Bass on December 30, 2018, 12:39:46 AM
Pull any function pin to ground & it will 'operate'.

Thanks for the advice.

Jazz P Bass

"so how do I determine which of the pins is which/is ground?"

Use your ohmmeter.
The ft sw ground pin will be at the same potential as the chassis.

The function pins will not.

psafloyd

Thanks for that. I worked out the functions.