Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:37:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Catilinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe Tempo Tap questions

Started by WimWalther, July 28, 2023, 02:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WimWalther

Howdy folks,

Anyone know what's going on under the hood of the CB BE Dlx Tap? Is it just switch hardware, or is there some fancy logic involved?

Being it connects to the footswitch jack, I'd think it would have to be a pretty smart device..

g1

Nothing going on except momentary switch and LED.

WimWalther

Quote from: g1 on July 29, 2023, 01:52:58 PMNothing going on except momentary switch and LED.

O rly? Interesting, thanks. Do you happen to know how it's wired?

Switch across sleeve & ring (exp wiper), LED across sleeve & tip (3.3V)?

g1

I don't have the wiring, but it is supposed to work with other units as well.
So I expect tip to sleeve as the momentary tap switch, and ring to sleeve for the LED.  Possible there is a resistor on the LED.

WimWalther

Quote from: g1 on July 30, 2023, 12:05:07 PMI don't have the wiring, but it is supposed to work with other units as well.

Per CB, it does work with other devices that accept external tempo tap (save Boss, apparently). Though, the tap box has two different TRS jacks - one specific to the BE Dlx and the other for 3rd party devices.

According to CB, the LED only functions with the BE Dlx.

QuoteSo I expect tip to sleeve as the momentary tap switch, and ring to sleeve for the LED.  Possible there is a resistor on the LED.

Opposite what I'd guessed. I went with ring+sleeve for the tap switch as the ring is where it expects to see the variable CV from the exp. pedal.. but you may very well be right. Ditto on the resistor.. always good to have one where LEDs are used, and the BE Dlx has 22V rail.

g1

Quote from: WimWalther on July 31, 2023, 12:41:12 AMThough, the tap box has two different TRS jacks - one specific to the BE Dlx and the other for 3rd party devices.

I did not realize it had 2 types of jacks.  My assumptions were based on the idea it used the same jack for it's own unit and for other brands, so those assumptions are flawed.

If you have the main unit, you should be able to plug in a TRS cable and see what is what just by momentarily touching terminals together with a jumper.