Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 07:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Hello world and few amp design questions

Started by dsmnoisemaker, January 01, 2009, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsmnoisemaker

Hi there!! i just joined this forum, inspired by the amazing book from Teemuk. I´ve been an electronics hobbyist since 2005, and built 2 tube amps and some TDA2050 prototypes that i never finished.

I have designed and built some original OD´s and other like the multicabsim cabinet simulator, and i´m passionate about guitar electronics.

Well, i´m tired of tubes and their cost and risks, so i´m planning to design and build a nice SS amp that´s cheap, easy and with good features..

what i have in my head and the idea "seed" is using a LM3886, i have a 2Amp 2x24V transformer (i know is a little short but it will work ok if i dont push the amp too much, too long)..but i don´t want to stick with the data shhet schem..i would like to include mixed mode feedback, to have "presence", "resonance" and "damping" controls. Something tells me that since it is practically an opamp, it may be easy to implement..is that feasible? done before?

also i would like to add a dynamic frequency response filter, to mimic what saturated output transformers do..teemuk´s book has some nice examples, but i think i´ll rather design one of my own playing with band pass filters and LDR´s, just for fun..

after this first idea works, i´l planning to make an stereo version or bridged..for more power..although 60 W seems to be loud enough..

as some help from you guys i would like to ask if there´s any lm3886 LTspice model out there?
any comment is welcome..