Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Ears still ringing and girlfriend still mad

Started by joecool85, April 03, 2006, 07:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecool85

The lm1875 makes a really killer 20w guitar amp!  I just tried it out and wow!  It only has as much clean headroom as any other 20w amp, but its plenty for practice.  Crank it up and throw on a distortion pedal in front of it, and damn!  Very much loud!  I wasn't expecting it.  But I guess it makes sense, with the right speaker even my 15w dean markley gets pretty loud.  Anyway, it would make a sweet practice amp power chip if someone is interested.  Brian is suppose to start selling PCBs for the lm1875 soon also, so you won't have to make your own or anything.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

RDV

Apparently some claim it's the best sounding chip of the whole series.

RDV

joecool85

Really?  Thats interesting.  I do think it sounds good, but I like the lm3886 better...mostly because its louder.
thatraymond.com

joecool85

Brian wants me to try a few more things like experimenting with the gain and experimenting with paralleling the channels, so he is going to send me some good size resistors (along with some other components I needed for something else anyway) and I will be trying that.  Probably in the next couple weeks, but its hard to tell for sure.
thatraymond.com

RDV

God, Brian must like you! Well you are a nice guy. I must've pissed him off good cause he won't even return my emails. I guess I'll just go through you to deal with him. I'd love to do some beta testing myself.

RDV

joecool85

Well, I never email him really.  And when I do it takes FOREVER to get one back.  I talk to him on aim.
thatraymond.com

RDV