Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:29:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Jazz goes digital

Started by michaD, October 13, 2015, 07:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaD

Salut everybody,

yesterday I was at a concert with Ulf Wakenius (Wes Montgomery tribute) and checked the tiny 8" amp he played: http://www.lundgaardamps.com/page6.html

It was the loudest jazz-concert I've ever been to. And now i know why:

"For bass and other power demanding instruments like a jazz guitar, choose the 550 or minimum 300 watt version."   :loco

they use IcePower class-d modules.

michael

g1

So what do you think the power handling of that 8" speaker would be?  ;)

michaD

It could be the 8 N 2,5 PL 8Ohms from SICA. part-no. Z005200. they claim rated power was 250W with pink noise, test-period 2h.

Lundgaard names Sica as their supplier. Sica is an italian company. They are also the manufacturer of the Jensen speakers.

J M Fahey

SICA makes killer speakers for a reasonable price, that one must not be an exception.
Looks very good, a mini EVM speaker in a very compact (and light)  frame.

g1

So I guess that 550W from the amp must be peak or something?

Bear

Quote from: J M Fahey on October 15, 2015, 03:22:01 PM
SICA makes killer speakers for a reasonable price, that one must not be an exception.
Looks very good, a mini EVM speaker in a very compact (and light)  frame.

I would love some mini Thiele cabinets built around something like that if they had 95% of the sonic size of my TL-806 with EVM-12L.  If Sica put out plans like EV did back when (and got that model into the U.S. supply chain), there are enough people with space constraints and/or bad backs . . .