Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Baldwin C2 amplifier output section

Started by groovtubin, June 23, 2015, 03:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groovtubin

Need to replace the output transistors ( 5 ) in a Baldwin C2 guitar amp, ( leakage on edge on ALL.., low gain on 2 ofem) the PN is 466 then TRPV  6849

ANyone have  across reference?

Thanks in advance!

jim

J M Fahey

Are they actually dead or something?

I guess they are Germanium and in that case leakage is *normal* .

What are you exactly trying to fix?

groovtubin

Quote from: J M Fahey on June 26, 2015, 12:43:43 AM
Are they actually dead or something?

I guess they are Germanium and in that case leakage is *normal* .

What are you exactly trying to fix?
Found the REAL problem, ( after repairing power supply) Q12 is MISSING in the splitter of driver section, Looking at the reverb section ( same part #`s) Q12 is 2SC253383...would you have a cross reference on this? Man, i`d really appreciate it!   

respectfully, jim@Omegaamps.com

Enzo

Hi Groov, welcome to the place.  It is good form to at least link a schematic when discussing something, especially an uncommon amp like this one.  I Have no idea where Q12 might be.

Just looking at your part number, I have to assume the part is a 2SC2533.  The 83 is probably part of a date code or something.  But I could be wrong.

LateDev

Have to agree with Enzo,

Here are the stats on the 2533, the page has an equivalent search on it
http://alltransistors.com/transistor.php?transistor=13340

groovtubin

Quote from: LateDev on June 30, 2015, 11:01:20 AM
Have to agree with Enzo,

Here are the stats on the 2533, the page has an equivalent search on it
http://alltransistors.com/transistor.php?transistor=13340
THANK YOU GUYS  A MILLION! Do you know the PNP sister PART NUMBER to the 2SC2533? Thanks in advance!

jim

J M Fahey

Quoteat least link a schematic when discussing something, especially an uncommon amp like this one.
[2]

Enzo

Without a schematic, I haven't any idea what to tell you.  You apparently have the schematic, so can you post or link it?