Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:04:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Dicroic Lamp Trann for TDA

Started by polo16mi, September 12, 2009, 12:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo16mi

Hi there:

Some question stickin in my mind.

I had been looking for a cheap tranny for a simple power stage made with a TDA2005 like its datasheet, bridged version, and i wonder if a can use a transformer that i seed used for feed dicroic lamp, cause....

a) a 220Vca-12Vca 5 amp transformer worth around $70  ( +- 17 u$s)  (electronic stores)
b) a 220Vca-12Vca  50W for dicroic lamp sales around of ¡¡$16!!  ( +- 4 u$s )  (electric stores)

I think that the fact that factories make hughes mount of dicroic lamp transformer they are very cheap.

Is 50W (around 4.16 A) enough for a TDA2005 bridged?

thakns guy for your pacient answerings

regards

Brymus

Well 50 watts minus loss to heat and rectification,compared to how many watts do you expect from the bridged chips?
I think those chips run at about 60% efficiancy?
So the TDA2005 likes up to 18V 3.5 amp supply so yours would be good for one chip.

Also the TDA2005 is already a dual amp package you can bridge one chip using both of the internal amps,but IDK if you could bridge 2 chips using all for channels.
Also there are different versions (M,S) so check which you have.
Maybe a parallel PP BTL setup? IDK if that would work or be benificial.
JM Fahey is really the expert on those chips,He can probly offer more info here.