Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

KUSTOM MODEL 1-L AMP IC'S

Started by EDWARDEFFECT1, February 05, 2010, 02:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDWARDEFFECT1

HI I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS WHAT IC'S ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN A MODEL 1-L KUSTOM SOLID STATE AMP.IT IS NOT ONE OF THEIR TUCK AND ROLLED AMPS. IT IS COVERED IN BLACK VINYL  AND HAS A SINGLE 12" SPAEKER.I BELIEVE IT IS 40 WATTS.I TRACED THE CIRCUIT B+ AND GROUND AND THE CHIP THAT IS IN IT IS WRONG.ANY HELP APPRECIATED AS THERE ARE NO SCHEMATICS OUT THERE FOR THIS AMP.WISH I HAD ONE!!..THANKS FOR ANY HELP......ED!!!

J M Fahey

Hi edwardeff, you don't tell us if it's a pre or power chip.
Please post the schematic you traced, specially around the chip, no matter if it's a partial or incomplete schematic.
We need *at least* size, shape, how many pins, whatever inscription it has , etc.
Tell us the voltage on every pin.
If you pulled it, the voltages present on the pads.
Usually most op amps come in one or two preferred pinouts; knowing the power pins helps to identify them.
Also take a couple pictures of the board.

EDWARDEFFECT1

HI! EDWARDEFFECT1 HERE AGAIN.THE AMP HAS A 7411 IC WITH 14 PINS AND A 8 PIN IC WHICH I BELIEVE IS PART OF THE PREAMP.I CAN'T GIVE ANYMORE INFORMATION THAN THIS AS I DON'T HAVE A SCHEMATIC. THE 8 PIN CHIP HAS A DIFFERENT PIN CONFIGURATION THAN THE MC1458P CHIP THAT IS IN IT. THE V+ SHOULD BE ON PIN #8 WHICH THE MC1458P DOES NOT HAVE.NOT SURE IF THE 14 PIN CHIP IS RIGHT EITHER BUT AT LEAST IT PASSES SIGNAL.THANKS ANY HELP APPRECIATED.I THINK WE NEED SOMEONE WITH A SCHEMATIC....HELP!!!THANKS!!! ED!!

EDWARDEFFECT1

JM FAHEY THANKS FOR REPLYING TO MY POST.HERE ARE THE PIN OUT VOLTAGES FOR THE 2 IC'S IN THIS AMP. I TOOK BOTH IC'S OUT OF THE AMP AND POWERED UP.14 PIN IC FIRST PIN 1).005 2)-.000 3).000 4).-000 5).001 6).006 7)-12.60 8).000 9).000 10).000 11).000 12)-.000 13).000 14)12.78       NEXT THE IC WITH NO SIGNAL THRU IT(8 PIN CHIP)  1).000 2).000 3).001 4)-12.61 5).000 6).10 7).11 8)12.79.......THANKS AGAIN JM.......ED!!!

EDWARDEFFECT1

ANYONE COME UP WITH ANY IDEAS OF WHAT 2 IC'S ARE IN THE KUSTOM L-1.THE VOLTAGES ON THE ABOVE THREAD ARE WITH THE CHIP REMOVED FROM THE 8 PIN CHIP....ANY HELP APPRECIATED..

Enzo

What is the board number?   Look on the solder side for some number like PC5068.

A 1458 and a 4558 should both have the same pinout, and pin 8 would be V+ on either one.

tonyharker

Edward, just a little criticism - would you please not post in capital letters
1. It is difficult to read and
2. It as seen as shouting which is rude.

Regards  Tony.

J M Fahey

Hi Ed, let's go step by step.
To begin with, *maybe* somebody has a schematic, but for the time being we'll have to do without one.
Neither the first time to do that, nor the last.  :(
You don't tell us what the problem is, nor whether the output stage is a chip or discrete, what the main V+ and V- (if applicable) are, etc.
7411 strikes me as a date code, please tell us the total list of chips you have there, power transistors, if any, etc., and post all that is readable on each of them, even if some letter or number is too faint, it's still a guide.
The preamp voltages are reasonable, on the DIP8: -12V on pin 4 and +12V on pin 8 suggest a standard dual op amp; the 14 pin is trickier: normal quad op amps use V+/V- on pins 4/11(TL074 pinout) , some old amps used RC4136 with V+/V- on pins 11/7, but yours baffles me, so look at it in the sun with your best glasses and try to read whatever you can.
PS: +1 on asking you to avoid all caps on text.
Good luck.

Enzo

I'm thinking the 14 pin chip is Kustom part 007-7015-00, which is calle out as a 739 on the schematic.

It is an old school dual op amp, the three extras pins per section are used for compensation caps.   +12 to pin 14 and -12 to pin 7.

Outputs are pins 1 and 13.  Inputs +9, -8, and +5, -6.

A quick look finds them in boards like PC5093, PC5102, PC5104, PC5128

J M Fahey

EDWARDEFFECT1

sorry for the capitals being on.nothing meant by it i didn't know.i will get more information to you all on tuesday. the circuit board number is    PC 5129
                                                                    R3    
                                                            thanks everyone ed!!!

Enzo