Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:43:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Randall rg80es red channel help

Started by Tiger9210, May 05, 2020, 06:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger9210

I recently bought a rg80es, no footswitch. From my understanding though you can just turn down the volume on the channel you don't want to have your preferred channel. The problem with my amp is that when I do that the red channel has no distortion basically sounds the same as the clean channel. Any suggestions.

g1

For the distorted sound, set master volume low and channel volume high.
For clean sound, set master high and channel volume low.
The pull switch on the treble control engages the clipping diodes on the red channel.

Tiger9210

Thanks for the reply. I've tried this and the distortion still sounds very weak and saturated, I've even tried a 6 band eq still no big difference, the pull out treble knob does add a little extra, but still nothing compared to the sound clips I've seen of this amp.

joecool85

Quote from: Tiger9210 on May 06, 2020, 08:20:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've tried this and the distortion still sounds very weak and saturated, I've even tried a 6 band eq still no big difference, the pull out treble knob does add a little extra, but still nothing compared to the sound clips I've seen of this amp.

Is it possible to do a quick video showing the issues?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com