Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:46:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Panasonic AN17827A chipamp?

Started by smadin, January 22, 2022, 09:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smadin

Has anyone worked with this IC? Digikey lists it as obsolete, but has ~500 in stock, quite cheap—$0.91, $0.75 in quantities of 10+. My (not-very-educated) guess is that it isn't very good, but the datasheet says it can put 2.5W into 8Ω, with an 8VDC supply, so I wondered if for the price it might be fun to experiment with.

Jazz P Bass

I have never run in to that specific ic before.
But, if you are in to 'experimenting' I say go for it!

Loudthud

I think the big limitation will be that the package will limit the power dissipation. Apparently the chip comes in a 16 pin dip and there are no options.

joecool85

Quote from: Loudthud on January 23, 2022, 02:43:47 AM
I think the big limitation will be that the package will limit the power dissipation. Apparently the chip comes in a 16 pin dip and there are no options.

It is only rated at 2.5w output though, and with 0.728w power dissipation that should be completely fine.  Due to lack of information (no graphs for efficiency, power output vs supply voltage, etc) it is hard to nail down, but it looks interesting.  I've mostly moved to class d circuits for low power applications though.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

smadin

Well, I ordered a few of them, and if I end up with anything decent (or at least interesting) sounding, I'll post schems and clips.