Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:07:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

SWR Workingman's 12 combo - Full wave Bridge spec

Started by mikebarg, December 10, 2021, 12:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikebarg

I'm working on an SWR Workingman's 12 combo(100 watts). I need  a full wave bridge rectifier. I have the schematic, but it doesn't show a spec for the rectifier. I checked the board and the spacing looks like .5 inches between legs. I'm thinking 5amp at 400+ volts should be enough. Any thoughts?

g1

With 4 ohm load, 100W requires 5 amps.  I think you need some leeway there.  I would guess 8 to 10A would be much more reliable.

Enzo

mikebarg

It's a DB604. According to the datasheet that's a 400V, 3A.

Enzo

I saw that data sheet, but in general I expect a 604 bridge to be rated at 6A 400v.  In any case 6A sounds like a better choice than 3A here.  Or 8A even.

mikebarg

I agree. Thanks for the input. I'm wondering if this part had been replaced before. The board is marked with an X next to the part and the size is a little too small. The legs were bent out a little to get them through the board.

Enzo

I could be wrong, but I often mark boards when I work on them just for reference.  I suspect your X is really a +.  Someone marked the + corner so they wouldn't have to figure it out later.

g1

Quote from: mikebarg on December 10, 2021, 10:08:58 PM
It's a DB604. According to the datasheet that's a 400V, 3A.
Quote from: Enzo on December 10, 2021, 10:34:20 PM
I saw that data sheet, but in general I expect a 604 bridge to be rated at 6A 400v. 

Was that a download, or was it the 'specs' listed on the datasheets360 page?
That 'specs' page looks to be their own list with a typo.  The pdf they offer on that page shows the part to be 6A. (see attached)

mikebarg

That makes since. It wouldn't be the first time I got inaccurate information online.
I went ahead and pulled the part and it tested good. So, I need to go back and re-evaluate.