Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:28:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

My little gems

Started by joecool85, March 31, 2006, 10:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecool85

My first little gem.  It runs on one 9v and is in a cheap treasure chest that I bought for $2 at a dollar store.  The 1/8" jack isn't a headphone jack, but an external speaker jack for my pot cab.

Here is my little gem clipper.  I can hook it onto my pocket and walk around playing guitar in my apartment.  No volume control, I just use the guitar's volume...and leave it all the way up anyway.  The switch on it goes from clean to OD.  It runs on 3xAA.

The schematic is available at runoffgroove.com and in the schematics section of the forum.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

teemuk

Here's my little LM386-based "practice" amplifier. It's almost too loud for apartment use but could benefit from little more headroom when i'm playing in duo with an acoustic guitar.  :( Too bad i cannibalized two 5" 4 ohm speakers after building the case... Maybe i'll use them for the next LM386 project.

joecool85

Wow, yours kills mine in the looks department lol.
thatraymond.com

skey

Nice!  These are truly classy.
Well except for the the flower pot  :)

joecool85

The pot isn't technically part of the amp though...since I built it as a combo, thats just an external cab I can hook up  ;D
thatraymond.com