Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 04:08:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Has anyone ever heard of a Roland Spirit 30

Started by kidred, April 25, 2009, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidred

I just bought a Roland Spirit 30 112 combo amp with a bad speaker at a pawn shop for $50. I was trying to find out a little more about it, but when I google this amp I get zip. There's a Spirit 10/15/20/25/40/50 but the 30 only comes up if I take off the language filter, and still not in english.

It's a pretty basic ss amp with clean and overdrive(not switchable) - 3 band eq - reverb - hi/low inputs and headphone out and reverb footswitch. Anybody know anything about it, like it, hate it, whatever.

peace

J M Fahey

Never heard either, but *very* probably it´s a repackaged Roland 25 or 40, maybe with a larger or smaller speaker than it´s closest brother. As an example, many Laneys (GC25, Hardcore 30, etc.) , are the same "under the hood", even using the same boards, just for commercial reasons. Check those "25" and "40" and see if any of them has the same controls and appeareance, although "cosmetics" is very easy to change just to boost sales. Tell us what you find or post some pictures .... and then *you* write the review.
Bye.

teemuk

Is it a Spirit 30 or a Spirit Bass 30? I can check if I happen to find some old Roland catalogues. Anyway, that series of amps dates to early 1980's (it was introduced in 1983) and they basically were so-called "entry-level" products - cheap, simple amps for beginning guitarists. Not really on par with the few standup amp products from Roland. Unfortunately, I have to say that, IMO, 50$ was a bad deal for one with a blown speaker.

kidred

It's a Spirit 30 guitar amp. It has one 12" speaker that has a small hole, but turned out not to be blown. I cleaned it up and put a little super glue on the hole. I'll put up some pictures, probably tomorrow.

So far it sounds pretty good for a little amp, and it's light enough for an old guy. I'll know more after I drag it to some open jams.

Thanks for all the info

peace