Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:50:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Crate GT212 Blowing Fuses

Started by roadkill46, September 15, 2007, 02:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkill46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, lurking for awhile, great site. I got a new Crate GT212 (and please don't flame the amp, i just need help) from Zzounds this past wednesday. UPS delivered, no damage to box, packing etc. I unpack, plug in, turn on, and the power lights come on, then in about 3-5 seconds it blows the fuse?? If it is an easy fix i really don't want to go to the hassle of sending it back, but i will since it is covered. i put in an identical slow blow 3 amp, 250 volt...same thing. put in a "norma" 3 amp, 250 volt...blew immediately. I unplugged the spring reverb, seeing that a ground wire had come off of it and tried it again. same thing. pulled the top off and looked at the board for obvious signs of something fried (i have not a clue about electronics) didn't see anything. zzounds will be sending the return ticket on monday or tuesday but if i can get it going before then i could use it then send it back anyway. what would be my next step....going with a higher amp fuse? if i did that what would happen, would i die, would i have spontaneous combustion? ;-) any help is appreciated. Mark

tonyharker

If its new send it back,  if you mess with it you will invalidate the warranty.

Don't whatever you do put a larger fuse in!

Tony