Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:40:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Simple amp or preamp for new builders

Started by sugrhigh, February 04, 2008, 10:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugrhigh

I also posted this in the preamp section, hope that's okay...

basically it's a tiny preamp that can be built for less than $10 bucks ($15 if you go to Radioshack) that sounds nice but is extremely compact (my test PCB measured 1" x 1") that can be the backbone of MANY audio projects so check it out..... but read on if you want to know more!

On to the good stuff!
Well I have recently fallen in love with a little chip called the LM386 which costs only $.30...
yes 30 CENTS
so bought 20 of them to experiment with (not just audio stuff).

Chip Jr. (the name of the design, Chip Sr. is coming later) is a SMALL amp.
I did a test board that measure 1" x 1" yet sounds rather nice.
It has only 5 parts to it unless you decide to do some of my travel amp mods (on my site)

as always... check out the blog!

yustech

Quote from: sugrhigh on February 04, 2008, 10:10:46 PM
I also posted this in the preamp section, hope that's okay...

basically it's a tiny preamp that can be built for less than $10 bucks ($15 if you go to Radioshack) that sounds nice but is extremely compact (my test PCB measured 1" x 1") that can be the backbone of MANY audio projects so check it out..... but read on if you want to know more!

On to the good stuff!
Well I have recently fallen in love with a little chip called the LM386 which costs only $.30...
yes 30 CENTS
so bought 20 of them to experiment with (not just audio stuff).

Chip Jr. (the name of the design, Chip Sr. is coming later) is a SMALL amp.
I did a test board that measure 1" x 1" yet sounds rather nice.
It has only 5 parts to it unless you decide to do some of my travel amp mods (on my site)

as always... check out the blog!

thanks,i'll give it a try.
http://yustech.blogspot.com/
That Tech & Tutor from greater KD

E

How well does this work as a headphone amp? How would you go about adding a switch and volume control?