Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fet version of the JCM800

Started by KMG, January 16, 2011, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMG

Instead ES1J you can use any Superfast(Ultrafast) Rectifier Diodes with the same specs.
Quotecan I use two BAT85 instead of BAT54
Yes.

ASTN

Hi, KMG
I can't get to you site (( Everytime I click the link I get a page with  'The requested URL could not be retrieved' message.

Stephenl

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread as my first post. I've been looking at KMG's LND150 circuit for a while and I'm interested in breadboarding it to try it out.

Are there through-hole versions of the BAT54S, BAV70, and ESIJ? I've never tried soldering SMD parts...but it looks like a pain, especially if not using a pcb with SMD pads. If there isn't a direct equivalent, what specs are important to crossover?

Katoda

Well, I don't think soldering smd components is that difficult, I soldered 5150 circuit with the same topology and components on a protoboard. That being said, I think you can substitute ES1J for any ultra fast high voltage rectifier diode, two paralleled bav70 for a single 1N4148 and the two bat54s for 4 1N4148, but wiser members than me should confirm or deny that.