Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:22:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Help with concept amp - 'the rocket'

Started by tux320, July 28, 2008, 09:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tux320

Does anyone know if this could work? I understand that certain individual components would needed to be added to or omitted from various circuits and that the output of some of the ROG designs may need boosting in order to fully power the power amp. Also there are some errors relating to the controls featured on the panel. How would I go about adding an effects loop to the circuit and also what is bi-polar power, Thanks.

J M Fahey

Hi Tux.
As a general idea, it should work.
I suggest you start "backwards" and going from the simplest to complex.
That means: get some kind of chassis, a bent piece of  aluminum or equivalente, where you can mount everything.
Start by the TDA2030 amp, build it, hook it to a speaker and your guitar (it will sound, although low volume and *very* clean) .
Then add the channels, one by one, and test them.
I guess adding the MayBooster will be too much, you´ll very probably get crazy with radio, squeals, noise, motorboating, etc.
Good luck and have fun.
Don´t forget to post pictures and MP3s.
JM

Jack1962

I would do as JM is saying with the power amp section however I would use breadboard to build the individual section, I would buffer each of these sections to reduce  interference and noise. It is do able I did it years ago , building a TS9DX into a Plexi.

Rock On