Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:39:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Custom Sound Trucker Bass Amp

Started by tonyharker, August 19, 2011, 11:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilP

Tracing myself is not the issue, I am sure this unit will  not be covered in SMD's . 
I usually do a rough paper sketch first then transfer to... umm damn... the Mac App I use has skipped my mind, but I transfer to a computer based schematic.

The sound 'changed' over a short period of time, while the rest of the kit was unchanged, so he says.

Still not got home yet to open it up and take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nosaj

Farther up the thread that you attached to show someone else's work, best to verify before using it. But if yours is identical to the pics (power board), then it shouldn't be too inherently hard for you to do.

Start with disconnecting the Power transformer from the board and see if you are getting any voltage from there. All this figuring you have checked the fuse.

i used to want to have a schematic for everything sort of a roadmap of sorts, but sometimes you have to forgo one and trudge on with research or help.   Pictures help best, and you can use skitch to anotate.

nosaj

Enzo

Welcome to the forum.

No, it is not wrong to ask for a schematic.

Since we do not know you yet, we cannot assume any particular level of skill and experience.  One thing a lot of people do is stall in the absence of a schematic.  My point was aimed at suggesting there is a lot that one can do without schematics in most cases.

And the secondary point was that it makes more sense to plan the operation after determining just what the thing needs in the first place.