Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 08:45:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

The Mini - a 386 amp with headphone

Started by n9voc, January 20, 2008, 01:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n9voc

Good Day!

I designed this unit to fit in a smallish box, using the LM386 and a "cube tamer" power supply circuit.  You will note there is no "on" switch, it turns on when you plug a "Wall Wart" into the power jack.

As noted, any "wall wart" AC or DC with a voltage from 12 to 30 volts can be used to power this practice/personal amplifer - or it can be plugged in via an auto adapter.

C2 (.1 uf on input) really isn't necessary, but I determined that post the build - thus it is on the schematic.

I hope that you-all can get some ideas for your own amplifers from these posts, pictures will be forthcoming of the completed units later (as I get my digicam up again!)

Thanks for checking them out. 

FYI - the program I use to make my schematics is a free download from www.expresspcb.com.  It is really an excellent CAD program for schematics! There is also a PC board layout program included with the package.  They offer a prototyping board service, but I have built all of mine on "Rack Shack" project board stock.

Here's the "Mini":

n9voc

A pic of the "Mini". The grill and speaker from an old computer speaker and the DC power jack is located in the back of the unit.  Feet are nylon 'chair feet' from wally world.