Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 07:54:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Randall RG80-112SC help, no clean channel.

Started by DanteGuzzardi, March 13, 2014, 07:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanteGuzzardi

Hi, sorry if any of this is unwelcomed, I'm new here and don't know the rules that great. So anyways, I bought a Randall RG80sc at a pawn shop today for sixty bucks. It didn't come with the foot switch so I thought it was just stuck on one channel but then I read that without the foot switch it's supposed to be a blend of both channels.  Anyways I'm only getting the distorted channel, which is okay but I'd like to have the amp working the way it's supposed too.  Could anyone tell me where to even start? I have the amp out of the cabinet and it mostly just looks like science fiction to me. I plan on building my own foot switch, but I don't even see a point unless the clean channel works.

DrGonz78

Welcome to the site! Beware though that your first post paints a picture that you have little or no experience dealing with electronics. Don't want to tell how to start and then just confuse you more, ya know?  8| If you have some experience then it should be pretty easy to get started. There are great techs on this forum and have helped many newcomers get started. Here is the schematic...
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Roly

Welcome DanteGuzzardi.

You are in the right place alright, but as the Doc says your comment that "it mostly just looks like science fiction to me" is not a hopeful start.  However...

First up, do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

Second, can you post a clear picture of the innards so we can be working on the same page and have a way of directing you?  Thanks.
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.