Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Noisy Cricket Troubles

Started by tyronethebig, September 17, 2010, 10:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronethebig

Hi there,

I've built a noisy cricket markII and when turned on I head the speaker 'bump' but no guitar  :(. One time I got some noise but by the time I got to my ax and turned the volume down on the amp it went away. My diagnostic skills aren't the greatest and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

J M Fahey

Hi Tyrone.
Probably a wiring error; use the cricket itself as a test tool.
Post the schematic here and we'll suggest what voltages you *should* be measuring, and some hum/click injection points.

joecool85

Quote from: tyronethebig on September 17, 2010, 10:42:34 AM
Hi there,

I've built a noisy cricket markII and when turned on I head the speaker 'bump' but no guitar  :(. One time I got some noise but by the time I got to my ax and turned the volume down on the amp it went away. My diagnostic skills aren't the greatest and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I'd check your solders on the input wires and power wires, sounds like one of them may be not fully soldered.  After you check them (I would reheat them and add a dab of solder to each), if it still doesn't work I would check for shorts on the same wires.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com