Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 06:41:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

newcomer and tech question...

Started by teefus, December 03, 2009, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teefus

great forum, looks like a lot of support is available here. i have a friend that asked me to look at his crate bfx50 bass amp because it was cutting out. he brought me the board, removed from the chassis. i found a couple of solder problems and fixed them. upon trying to reassemble the amp there were some jumpers that were removed from the board before i got the amp. in particular, the pt side of the board has j9-j16 which are the ones i need to verify connections for. i tried contacting loud technologies but there tech center is closed until later this afternoon. any thoughts? thanks, craig

J M Fahey

Post a couple pictures, specially connectors close-ups and both sides of the board. The silkscreened inscriptions on it should be readable.

teefus

thanks for your help. i actually figured it out and double checked it with a schematic from the loud tech dept. lots of bad solder joints and problems with the in/out jacks. the speaker connector on the board was kind of a mess too. alls well that ends well, right? thanks again, craig