Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 01:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

transformer for power supply

Started by obelix, September 15, 2007, 06:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obelix

I saw this schematic: http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_reg_power_supply.pdf for a 9v regulated power supply... my question is, could I just replace the transformer with any type of transformer as long as it's output is 12v?

benzer

yea sure why not ,as long as the output voltage is more than 9 volt for the regulator IC to output 9 exactly.
but make sure the transformer can provide the current needed by the loads ,should be written on each transformer.
also make sure to connect the circuit ground to the terminal between the positive and the negative terminals in the transformer (the terminal in the middle) they should have noted that in the link u wrote.
Good OL' BeN

teemuk

Quote from: benzer on September 27, 2007, 05:02:09 PM
also make sure to connect the circuit ground to the terminal between the positive and the negative terminals in the transformer (the terminal in the middle) they should have noted that in the link u wrote.

No! The schematic is correct.

benzer

thats true if you wanna take the ground from the home terminal directly but i was talking in general most countries have only 2 electricity feed terminals , 220 and nitre,so the transformers usually have 2 inputs(220 and nitre) and 3 outputs(+ , ground(nitre) , -)

Good OL' BeN

teemuk

benzer

yea true im sorry i was mistaken between the 2 diodes configuration and the 4 diodes one,,thanks for noticing
Good OL' BeN

obelix