Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:19:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fixing a Yamaha G100 112 ii

Started by dropanchor812, July 24, 2015, 11:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phatt

:dbtu: :dbtu: :dbtu:

Someone once stated that 90% of electrical problems are in connections,, whether they be plugs or soldered joins like you found it's all connections. The trick is finding them. :grr
Phil.

DrGonz78

I love those old Yamaha amps! Nice work Dropanchor  :dbtu:
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

g1

Quote from: dropanchor812 on September 21, 2015, 01:10:48 AM
-I don't notice a difference in sound coming from the speaker when I adjust the output waveform when following the directions in the manual.  Is this something I'm just going to need an scope to measure?
You can't follow the directions for this part without a scope, so you were not following the directions.  ;)
Quote from: dropanchor812 on September 21, 2015, 01:10:48 AM-I can't get the center voltage down to ~45v as directed in the manual.  When the trimmer is fully counter-clockwise it only gets down to ~53v.  I'm afraid to turn it fully clockwise because I'm afraid I might blow something, but as it is fully counter-clockwise the amp still sounds great!
This reading is affected by the previous waveform adjustment.  Try moving the B4.7K pot either way and see if it helps you get the center voltage adjustment closer.

DrGonz78

UPDATE: I had posted not accurate information about this amp, refer to post 12. This amp has a cap coupled output and without a load on the output it will float at 50v as the cap will not be able to charge up. I must have missed this bit on the schematics and did not realize. Hopefully this post will prevent any further confusion if referencing this thread while working on their amp.
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein