Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 10:56:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Trafo for 15W with an LM1875

Started by Rutger, December 18, 2010, 05:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo16mi

Can you post some draw of your circuit?  Cant figure out wich resistor/cap you are talking about...

Rutger

I allready know what went wrong. I measured with the preamp disconnected instead of connected. When I'm at home I'll measure it again, but I don't forsee any problems now. :)

polo16mi

maybe thats the problem. i dont know how is your circuit, but, as you mentionted, looks like you are making some voltage divisor, so if nothing conected to it, voltage is practically the same as your power supply.

Rutger

Yesterday I finished the amp and it's alive!!  :D
It's very quite, no noises, cracks or hisses. There was a little 50Hz hum but I guess that's because I didn't use a grounded wallsocket. The preamp is running on +/- 18V and is doing just fine. Guess that the lifetime of the chip is shortened by running on it's max. voltagerating, but I can change it quite easily if I need to.

Didn't really had the time to test out the amp because my daughter already was asleep (and my wife wanted to watch her favorite tv-show...) But first impressions are good. I build the preamp of a Marshall Lead 12 and it definitely has the Marshall flavour and especially with the high-input it rocks like crazy.
This evening i'll make some time to test it at volume and to hear what it is capable of. Very curious!  :)