Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:38:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

The only shock I want is playing a whole gig without a fumble? Help please

Started by dg, December 03, 2009, 06:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dg

Hi this amp stuff has me a little concerned I have been trawling the net and this excellent forum
Question:
Is it possible (advisable) to connect some kind of resister in my guitar at the jack socket to protect me if the amp or the power supply or PA should have a fault?
Or is Is there some device I can place between me and the supply as some of the gigs I do , they have so little regard for the temperature of the beer I,m sure the integrity of the wiring is dubious possibly lethal! (like the beer)

thanks
Dg
Ps I remember the lip tingling mic days and always put it down to poor shaving technique LOL   

phatt

Try here,
             http://www.stocklogic.com/nohum/

Chris Kinman site might have comments on the subject also.

I don't know what other countries use but in Australia we have *Earth Leakage protection* units. (ELP)
Which are now law in new buildings but you can also purchase them as a portable unit.
Even with these it's still not a 100% protection.
Phil.

dg

Hi Phil thanks I,m in the UK so I think we are still  in the grip of rationing LOL sorry that ended 50 years ago " I think" it's the cold climate that causes our apathy ,I did a wedding last month and the mechanical curtains seemed to draw so much current and yet move so slowly that at the moment of the bands long awaited  emergence something tripped (suppose that's a good thing) so we were revealed  un plugged ! the look of astonishment on the bass players face was wonderful with the drummer still in full flow (are drummers actually listening LOL) the manager re set and we were off but, later that night over a beer  he said "it always does that" and scratched his head, I should have said "why not fix it then!!!!!!!" but I,m British so we just we accept nothing runs on time, everything is expensive, a summer is something other countries have, The list goes on and on ,thanks for info I wont ask what the weather is  like where you are ,as we are presentably being continually lashed with rain , its cold and we have pending postal strikes!!

Whoever said the last time the went to France it was closed LOL had obviously not been to England

Thanks
dg