Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:36:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Marshall MG 50DFX transformer

Started by ccork, February 20, 2020, 01:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccork

My schematics give me little info on a replacement for the MG-50U 0802 transformer.  Anyone have the specs or a replacement recommendation?

DrGonz78

This question will be asked 100% of the time and should be... Is the transform bad or missing? If bad>> How have you tested to know its a bad transformer?
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

ccork

Jazz P Bass

Here is the part #: TRANSUD0012 POWER TRANSFORMER  for MG50.

Contact a Marshall distributor and ask if they can get one.

ccork

Having a problem finding a part #: TRANSUD0012 POWER TRANSFORMER  for MG50.  Anyone have the specs so I can try to find one or know of a substitute transformer?

Jazz P Bass

Who have you 'tried'?

I would suggest Part Is Parts. 1-800-590-0014 USA/Canada
1-802-365-7257 International

And/ or Full Compass. 800 356 5844

They will do there best to get the part from Marshall.

DrGonz78

One more thought about this... I am not certain but does this transformer have a thermal fuse on the primary section built into the tranny? Since the primary is reading open it makes me wonder if there is a thermal fuse that blew open. I have read many times where people went into the transformer and either replaced/removed the thermal fuse to get it working again. I have never had experience dealing with such problems but I know others here have. Sometimes it's even a bad connection point right at one of the wires leading into the tranny. Just a thought...
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein