Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Transformer issues.

Started by Fixr1984, March 07, 2012, 11:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fixr1984

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Fixr1984

I had an RS604 lying around so I gave that a try.  I get dc voltage where I am supposed to now and with a speaker hooked up and my mp3 player to the input i get an amplified sound.  I cant get the LED to light up tho.  I only get 1.2vdc on the led pads.  Is this because of the board layout and using a different transformer?  I dont really care if the LED will light up as long as the board is working properly.

J M Fahey

Fine so far.
Congratulations.
Post the schematic of your Led wiring.
What's the DC voltage you actually have on the Power Amp?

Fixr1984

Its too hard to see what is going on with the mask on the circuit board, it looks like there is a diode coming off of AC1 and from there it goes to a resistor and then to the led. (crappy description i know).  As far as power I have.  51.7VAC from the transformer, out of the RS604 I have 47.0 VDC, and from the output pads of the power supply board +V and -V I have 67.2VDC

J M Fahey

1) an image is worth 1000 words , draw what you have,
2) repost your voltages relative to ground.

Fixr1984

I have decided not to use the power led setup from the power supply board so that is no longer an issue for me.
I measure 33.5VDC from +V to ground.  Everything seems to be working fine, I've done some testing into a speaker and it sounds pretty good.  Just need to get my preamp done.  Had a buddy bend me up a chassis so things are finally coming together.

J M Fahey

Fine.
Still need -V to ground.
In a split supply as yours both values need to be quoted.
Good luck.

Fixr1984

Yea I probably should have posted that. It is -33.5VDC.