Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:23:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Mesa Recto/FET Homemade

Started by mensur, December 25, 2008, 02:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iakirov

Hi Mensur. I was reading about this project, and I got to say it's great. It sounds terrific, but I got to ask you one thing: How about posting the rest of the amp schematics? I mean, the power amp, power source, etc.
Ivan Akirov
Laboratorio de FitomorfologĂ­a
FCFA
ULA

mensur

Power supply is basic (200 power transformer, 2*4700uF power amp filter caps, lm317 regulated preamp supply.
Power amp is MOSFET TDA7294, all the information's you can find in datasheets, but I did minor changes.

That is basically it.

iakirov

Hi. Thanx. I'll start preparing myself to give it a try next holyday season.
I hope I can post then some good news

Ivan Akirov
Ivan Akirov
Laboratorio de FitomorfologĂ­a
FCFA
ULA

Hi Mensur! Can you post the PCB layout? I don't know if that's the name, I mean the image that you have to print to make the PCB. (I've already looked at what you posted, but I can't make a PCB with that photo. Also, remember to post the real size, because the images you posted before would print too big.)

Thank you!

mensur

Sorry, i can't give you the layout(I spent too much time on it), but you can make your own layout from picture.

Quote from: mensur on April 04, 2009, 10:26:40 AM
Sorry, i can't give you the layout(I spent too much time on it), but you can make your own layout from picture.

Well, thanks. I understand you and recognise all your work. You did a lot giving us the schematic and all the sound clips ;) Thanks again!

manis404

hey great design here! You said later you 'modified' the rpeamp for more gain/ better low end etc...

What modifications did you exactly do..?

thx.
keep up the gud work.

mensur

More gain - 2N5484 FET's witch are hi gain(transductance) amplifiers
Better low end - Master Volume coupling cap is 100nF, output buffer coupling cap is 1uF not polarised cap(Wima).

Joe

I had a Dual Rectifier years ago, and the high-gain clips sound close from what I remember. But it's been a LONG time.  8)

luchin542

i build a tda7294 amp too its a great proyect at low price... now i just look for some good preamp..

crane

Am I the only one who cannot find the link to schematic?

stchristopher

No, I can't find the link either. If anyone has it...

crane

Quote from: stchristopher on July 28, 2010, 02:53:46 AM
No, I can't find the link either. If anyone has it...
I guess it's just Dr Boogey schematic for the drive channel. I'm wondering if the clean channel is the same circuit ommiting two of the jfet amplifier stages.

J M Fahey

I vaguely remember it was an exact copy of a DR Red Channel, with 100K trimpots as plate loads.

tra

I'd gladly pay for the layout. I'm not really good at doing them myself.