Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Vintage SS Guitar Amps

Started by cb951303, September 10, 2008, 01:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.G.

Quote from: gbono on June 10, 2010, 02:39:01 PM
Okay, you have the GERBER files, what about the components? Are you asking someone to purchase materials? No problem with an NDA or whatever. IMHO patents are a waste of resources unless you have the $$ to defend them.
Oh, I didn't want someone to build a set for me. I was hoping that someone needed a set for themselves and would be interested in building them, and perhaps debugging if needed with my assistance to get them working. I just want to know they work, and don't have the time at the moment to make them.

There is nothing patentable in this setup, given that the base circuits were released publicly over 40 years ago, and patents run 20 years, if they were even patentable then. And yes, as a general rule, you do not really own *anything* you can't defend.

QuoteI worked for a company that had the laywers and $$ to get what ever they wanted and unless you were able to spend serious money to defend yourself in court you lost and they won - they won a lot.
I was in a similar situation. I just don't want to enable yet another startup company wanting to sell my work. That's happened too many times already.

Where do you live?

gbono

Okay - I thought you needed someone to build the design out and test it for you. I'm located in Petaluma CA - 45 min north of San Francisco. You might know it as the "wine country" if that's your thing. ;) Mesa Boogie and Magic Parts are about 2 miles from my house.

J M Fahey

xP oh kay, cut tha chatter m'boy ... stop babbling all dat nonsense aboyt mezzah buggah and moisyk partz .... shast tell me whare all that wine is !!!! berp !!!!! xP  xP

:lmao:  :lmao:

gbono

Hey JM I bet there's plenty of good wine in your backyard ;)

Bonarda = charbono in Cali

Though I'd rather visit your speaker shop.

J M Fahey

Hi GBono.
Truth is I can buy all the excellent wine I want for peanuts, in any supermarket.
Unfortunately, relentless cultural pressure from the USA (including The Simpsons) has turned, along the last 40 years, the wine drinking Argentine into a ***Beer***  :duh drinker.
The only good side of that coin, is that wine is cheaper than ever, and competition has smashed the bad ones and forced the best to improve.
Quoteyour speaker shop.
Ha Ha !!! You mean the kitchen table where I mount them?
All mechanical work is subcontracted now, I sold my lathe 2 years ago, tired of having my hands greasy and badly cut by metal shavings, specially considering that SAE 1010 steel (the worst mechanically, the best magnetically) *loves* to produce long sharp curls of iron, which never split on their own, even with a special tool.
Given today's receding economy, car parts makers are happy to press, punch and point-solder speaker parts for me, for less than my own cost.
The same goes for galvanizing.
All along my life, *every* machine, gadget or tool I ever bought, paid for itself quickly, but on galvanizing, I gave up.
It *did* work, but every liquid used carried cyanide or heavy metals salts, and I saw lung X-Rays from that industry's workers: NO NO .
Besides, considering I pay around U$30 to galvanize/blue zinc plate a lot of 50 12" frames .... there's not much point to it.
Anyway, if you ever visit Argentina, you are most welcome.
Although the other way trip is *quite* possible, considering my Brother lives in Malibu and my Li'l Sis in Orange County.