Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 02:55:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender Ultra chorus channel , when you turn it on.

Started by JasonG, June 12, 2008, 12:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonG

A friend just gave me a Fender ultra chorus. It needs new speakers and he goofed around in side but , otherwise  its in great shape. My question is does this thing turn on with the distortion channel on with out a jack plugged in and then switch to clean when you plug a guitar in it? I has the 9 pin switching jacks and it does ground the channel switching circuit  when you plug a guitar in. The switch on the panel works and a foot switch works. So everything seems normal.

nashvillebill

I have the Princeton Chorus, little brother to the Ultra/Ultimate, and it doesn't behave like the way I think you're describing.  "Goofed around inside" doesn't bode well.  (Mine's not the DSP series, I know the DSP's are internally quit4e different, but I really doubt it's supposed to operate like you describe).

JasonG

Ok
Thanks for confirming that for me. In the past I have chased down things like this only to find out that everything was fine. It was just not designed like I would have designed it. I did find one bad diode in the switching circuit it acted the same as it did before so I was not sure. I guess I have some more digging to do.