Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Help from Your Government

Started by crystaltech56, April 09, 2008, 10:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crystaltech56

Yes folks Your Government wants to help You! You may not realize it but there is a series of Publications available from the U.S. Navy called NEETS(Navy Electronics Education Training Series); gotta love those acronyms! At any rate, I was a Navy Calibration and Repair tech for ten years, and I have to admit this series is very good for many things including a general introduction to soldering, use of test equipment, and general theory. It's best if you download them at  www.phy.davidson.edu/instrumentation/NEETS.htm. You know the routine; it's in Adobe Acrobat, so shrink your browser down to just show the speed of the down load to make it faster. You can go to several Navy sites too, but they seem very slow. Really, you owe it to yourself to try it, because you already paid for it with your taxes. The series is also available on CD; your local Navy recruiter (both Active and Reserve(there is a difference)) might have a few copies laying around( so call and ask). If you're in highschool, call and ask them to send a recruiter to speak to your ham radio club(why doesn't your school have one? tied into your computer/electronic music club?) and say," ... by the way when you come to speak could you bring 20 copies of that NEETS Module CD? I know alot of guys want to see what Navy electronics traing is really like....", and don't be embarassed because it doesn't cost them. No lie G.I. Real Deal. CrystalTech 56

darwindeathcat

This is a pretty sweet resource... Great to see that we can actually get something usefull for our hobby out of our tax dollars!
__ ------------------- __
__ | | | | | | | | | | | __
    --------------------