Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:15:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Little Rebel

Started by DrBoogey, March 24, 2007, 03:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrBoogey

Hi,

here is the schematic of a cool sounding 2Watt Amp!  ;)
I built it, and its fantastic for practising at home!

Schematic:
http://rebel.massberg.org/source/schematic.pdf

Layout:
http://rebel.massberg.org/source/layout.pdf

joecool85

Interesting using a TL072 as a preamp chip for the LM386.  Oddly enough I'm messing around with the LM386 as a preamp chip haha.  Looks like a cool amp.  Do you have any sound clips?  Or pictures of the build?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

teemuk

The "Little Rebel" site http://rebel.massberg.org has some clips.

DrBoogey

My own built little Rebel sound much better than the soundclips on rebel.massberg.org.
At the moment i dont have a microphon, so i cant record my amp.
(sorry for my english! ::))

I will post some pictures here later!

obelix

hey what happened to the pictures? :)

How does it sound clean?

joecool85

Quote from: obelix on September 09, 2007, 10:16:56 AM

I'm not sure if I know what you mean, they seem to all be there.
thatraymond.com

LJ King

Quote from: joecool85 on September 09, 2007, 04:00:43 PM
Quote from: obelix on September 09, 2007, 10:16:56 AM

I'm not sure if I know what you mean, they seem to all be there.

Where is there? I don't see any pictures either.

joecool85

Quote from: LJ King on September 09, 2007, 08:15:19 PM
Where is there? I don't see any pictures either.

Aren't you guys refering to the pics on the website: http://rebel.massberg.org/ ?

All six of them load fine, click on them and they get bigger.  The links for the layout and schematic also load fine.

If you were refering to pics within the thread here, I don't think there ever were any.

**edit**
I just realized you guys were refering to DrBoogey's post when he said he would post some pics of his build.  He never did as far as I know.
thatraymond.com

Klad

Ok, so i want to build this amp but on the schematic it calls for a TL082 and on the layout it says TL072 so which one is, it what did you use? and does the LM386 have o be a LM386-N3 or can i use a LM386-N1?

The reason i ask is because i can get the Lm386-N1 and TL072  locally but i would have to order the other parts.

And YAY my first post.

teemuk

TL082 and TL072 are both FET input dual opamps with identical pinout. It doesn't matter which one you use.

What comes to LM386 I really can't say for sure. How many different models of this IC they plan to make anyway..? The datasheet lists 5 different LM386 chips and then we have the copies from other manufacturers. :grr

Anyway, the datasheet indicates that both LM386-N1 and N3 would work with the same supply voltage range. The quoted output power of N1 is lower than of N3 but those have been quoted with Vsupply of 6V and 9V respectively so comparison is quite meaningless. Perhaps some one else can shed light into this. I suggest you use the N3 version.

tekichi

hi, i'd like to build this amp but it seems that the original website has been taken down. does anyone by chance have the schematics and pcb image for this?

rocklander

sorry for the dredge, but I'm starting to build this (btw, project file is attached.. if that is a problem, my apologies to the mods.. I"m new here :tu:).
what I don't know is the resistors need to be a certain wattage or not.
I started building it with 1/4W resistors, but the legs don't fit to the holes 'quite right' which got me wondering if I should have been using 1/2W ones (it looks like they would fit better).

the only resistor I can see which IDs a resistor wattage is the 10R from pin5 of the 2nd 386 chip.

also worth noting that the project file PCB needs reversing.. I found that after I etched mine ::)

phatt

It won't make much difference 1/4 or 1/2 Watt.
Just build with what you have.
Except of course the obvious 1Watt. :tu:

Re printing backwards,,, been there before myself. :-[

I recently etched an onboard pot backwards. :lmao: Makes you mad ay?  :grr
Phil. 

rocklander

thought/hoped that was the case.. thanks :dbtu:
and yup.. everything else about the project seemed so "right" so I just assumed it'd be the right way round.. might do my own layout for it later on anyway and correct it there.

rocklander

oh.. one more thing.. am I right in assuming that the 1W 10R is effectively just a sort of dummy load? I don't have (and neither does my local electronics store) a 10R 1W, but they had 8R2 1W.. so if it's a dummy load then that should do, right?..

also guessing I could stick an 8 ohm speaker in there?