Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:46:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Wanting to build a 20-30watt guitar amp

Started by Variaxeman, October 25, 2006, 04:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variaxeman

Does anyone have any ideas?  I've looked around but haven't found anything other than tube amps.  I'd like to try a solid-state design.

Thanks!  :tu:

joecool85

LM1875 based amps put out roughly 25watts (+/- 5 watts depending on transformer).  I would look into doing one of those.  Brian from chipamp.com gave out some kits on here, and I think he may have some left as prototype boards.  If you're interested, let me know and I'll see what I can do.  You could also make your own PCBs, or possibly even perf one.  I know perfing a LM3886 is a bad idea as certain components need to be really close to the chip and make it hard, but the LM1875 doesn't look to be as difficult.  I myself have built a stereo LM1875, but it was with Brian's PCBs so it was easy.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Variaxeman

That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, JoeCool85!  I'd appreciate any help you can provide in my quest.  Today's lookin' up!!  :tu:

Dr.Beat

An 1875 would be a nice project. . what do you think the chances are of another run of kits being done in the future?

joecool85

I'll talk to Brian asap and get back to you on that.
thatraymond.com

Bob N

If we end up doing another run, let me know.... I'd also be interested in the LM3886.... I've got a million uses for these little screamers....

joecool85

I emailed Brian today since I haven't been able to catch him on AIM.  I'll keep you guys posted.  I highly doubt he'll do freebie kits like last time, but we may be able to get a cut cost on them.
thatraymond.com

Bob N

Nah, I'm not lookin' for freebies.... I have no problems paying someone for providing a good kit at a fair price...

Dr.Beat

Yeah same here, I wasn't expecting freebie stuff anyhow. I, too, am just looking for a decent price, being broke and all. .    :(

joecool85

Well, I emailed him with no response, I'll try again though.
thatraymond.com

joecool85

Alright, he said he doesn't know when he is planning on ordering more boards, but he can provide us the layouts if someone here wants to make them/order them. 
thatraymond.com