Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Stormbringer Preamp - A beginners project log/diary

Started by stormbringer, September 27, 2012, 12:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormbringer

Hey. :)

Currently working on som high priority stuff for the band, so going a little slow with the amp project. I had to make a better backing track solution than our current mp3 variant, the new backing tracks from our producer really need to be stereo (or preferrably 4-8 channels), so i've made a small pic-controlled remote control with a display and buttons that controls a computer through the serial port running a minimalist microcore linux (6 mb iso) to play multichannel Flac-files.

The reason i did not go with +-15 for the opamp in the cab sim is that the one i found, and liked was made for single supply. The tone stack will be tweaked later on. The cab sim + tonestack i posted here is something that i use as a "plugin module" to test the actual preamp circuit while designing and experimenting without having to make a huge breadboard circuit just to test a couple of gain stages etc. There will be +-12 for the jfets though in the preamp itself. I've been looking quite alot at the Rod elliot project, but i really like the sound i get from jfet circuits i've been building and want to do a PROPER design with those. No trimpots, doing correct biasing etc. :)